LISLE, Ill., Feb. 7 – Molex Incorporated continues to tap into world-class interconnect expertise to develop solutions for next-generation healthcare devices. Molex, along with subsidiaries Affinity Medical Technologies LLC, Temp-Flex LLC and Polymicro Technologies, will showcase a multitude of products that enable medical device manufacturers to deliver more robust capabilities in increasingly smaller design footprints. These interconnect products will be on display at MD&M West, February 12 - 14, Anaheim Convention Center, CA, Molex booth 1983.
“By taking a careful look at the medical device industry, we have identified numerous products that could benefit from our deep knowledge of interconnect solutions,” said Anthony Kalaijakis, medical strategic marketing manager, Molex. “Everything from diagnostic imaging, patient monitoring and healthcare IT applications to minimally invasive and surgically implanted medical devices can be enhanced with the addition of Molex’s advanced electronic design solutions.”
Among Molex portfolios of innovative and reliable interconnect products on display will be:
MediSpec Products (Developed at the Molex Temp-Flex Facility):
- MediSpec Micro Extrusion Primary Wires: Designed to meet tight tolerance requirements for invasive and implantable applications in the medical industry, the primary wires deliver optimal reliability in a range of gauges (36-52 AWG) and a wide selection of materials to support customization.
- MediSpec High-Density Micro-Ribbon Cables: Ideal for invasive and implantable medical applications, the cables reduce costs on invasive and implantable medical equipment by replacing individual primary wires and flexible circuits with ribbonized, parallel wires.
- MediSpec Micro-Miniature Coiling (MMC): Designed for device designers in cardiac rhythm management, pacemakers and defibrillators, as well as implantable neurological pain management and stimulation, MMC technology features a continuous length coil enabling extrusion of micro gauge (50-26 AWG class) wire at virtually infinite lengths.
- MediSpec Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Connector System: Featuring the world-class LFH (low force helix) contact design, the product provides high-performance and affordability.
- MediSpec Molded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) Capabilities: Combines the versatility of the two-shot molding process and the speed and precision of LDS capabilities, helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
- MediSpec Hybrid Circular MT Cable Assemblies and Receptacle System: The industry’s first dual-platform MT/copper integrated connection solution combines both optical and electrical solutions in one cable assembly, streamlining the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices. These cables also can be enhanced with our new VersabeamTM expanded beam MT that allow up to 5000 mate/demates for durable medical I/O applications.
Capacitive Sensing Products
- Molex Capacitive Fluid Level Sensors: The patent pending sensor electrode design and embedded software provide a high-level of accuracy and are ideal for medical fluid management systems. The sensors feature flexible circuitry and can be easily mounted to any non-metallic container surface with pressure-sensitive adhesive. Molex experts will be highlighting the capabilities of this flexible sensor with a live demonstration at the show. A video to the demonstration can be found here.
- Molex Projected Capacitive Touch Screens: Precise capacitive and resistive touch screen technologies can be customized to meet the needs of a wide range of applications
Additionally, Molex will showcase products from subsidiaries Polymicro Technologies and Affinity Medical Technologies LLC.
- Polymicro Technologies: A proven, leading manufacturer of specialty optical fibers, capillary tubing, side-fire and diffusers and completed fiber and capillary assemblies. The facility has ISO 13485:2003 certification and an environmentally controlled Class 7 low bio-burden room.
- Affinity Medical Technologies, LLC (Booth 1988): Specializing in customized interconnects for next-generation healthcare devices that include cables for electrophysiology (EP), ECG, dental, Holter and ambulatory monitoring; ventricular assist devices; disposable and reusable catheter cables and invasive blood pressure cables; bulkhead receptacles and device-to-device interface cables.
About Molex Incorporated
Providing more than connectors, Molex delivers complete interconnect solutions for a number of markets including data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, military and lighting. Established in 1938, the company operates 40 manufacturing locations in 16 countries.