Aug. 30 -- Eurocom Corporation (www.eurocom.com) is now supporting the Hitachi Travel Star 5K1000 1 terabyte, SATA III (6Gb/s) Hard Disk Drive in its line of high performance notebooks with RAID 0/1/5/10 support and upto 4 terabytes of storage in the EUROCOM Panther 3.0.
Hitachi Travel Star 5K1000 mobile hard drives are perfect for use within Eurocom’s line of High Performance Mobile Workstations and Performance Business and Gaming Notebooks, where user’s demand increasingly large storage capacity and super fast data transfer speeds.
Eurocom Mobile Workstations and Mobile Servers are built to offer unmatched performance, long lifespan and full upgradeability of the processor, memory, storage, operating system and graqphics technology, and are designed with the most innovative technology and components available, from workstation class desktop Xeon processors and RAID support to dual GPU capabilities.
“At Eurocom, our customers are extremely excited to have the opportunity to have a single 1 TB storage drive with SATA III speed. The Hitachi Travel Star 5K1000 drive will greatly improve our overall storage offerings, next to our Solid State, Hybrid, mSATA and Hard Disk storage options” says Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
The Hitachi Travel Star 5K1000 is the first 1 TB, 2.5 inch HDD with SATA III (6 Gb/s) interface. It utilizes Advanced Format technology to increase the capacity while improving error correction capabilities, it does this by using longer sectors that contain 4096 bytes, instead of 512 bytes. There are several advantages of this. Firstly, the drive uses less physical space to store the same amount of data, which results in an efficiency improvement. Secondly, a larger and more robust error correction code can be utilized, better protecting your data.
Eurocom offers RAID capability in several notebooks to improve data redundancy or performance. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks, the ultimate goal of RAIDing ones drives is to provide increased levels of data reliability and backup as well as increased levels of read/write performance. Different levels of RAID correspond with varying levels of performance and redundancy; this is why Eurocom offers choices between RAID 0/1/5/10 in the Panther Mobile Workstation and other levels of RAID in the Neptune 2.0, Scorpius and Racer 2.0 notebooks.
The EUROCOM Panther Mobile Workstation supports four storage drives to offer unmatched mobile storage capacity, of up to 4TB. The Panther has three standard storage drive bays; the fourth drive is housed in and takes the place of the optical drive bay. Eurocom offers customers the option of replacing the optical drive in their Eurocom notebook with a storage disk, to greatly improve storage capacity.
Eurocom Models Storage and RAID Capability:
EUROCOM Panther 2 & 3
· 4 storage drives
· RAID 0/1/5/10
· 3 storage drives + mSATA
· RAID 0/1/5 support
EUROCOM Neptune 2.0
· 3 storage drives + mSATA
· RAID 0/1/5 support
EUROCOM Racer 2.0
· 2 storage drives + mSATA
EUROCOM Fox 4.0
· 3 storage drives
EUROCOM Monster 1.0
· 1 storage drive
Hitachi Travel Star 5K1000 Specifications:
· Capacity: 1 Terabyte
· Interface: SATA III (6Gb/s)
· Rotation Speed: 5400 rpm
· Load/Unload Cycles: 600 000
· Media Transfer rate: 998 Mbits/sec. max
· Interface Transfer Rate: 600 MB/sec, max
· Physical Dimensions: 9.5x100x70mm; 102 g
Eurocom Storage Drive Offerings:
· Hitachi Travelstar 5K1000; 1TB; 5400rpm; SATA III (6Gb/s); 8MB; 9.5mm; 2.5-inch,
· WD Scorpio Blue; 1TB; 5400rpm; SATA II (3Gb/s); 8MB cache; 9.5mm; 2.5-inch,
· Seagate Momentus 500GB; SATA II (3Gb/s), 7,200rpm; 16MB cache; 9.5mm; 2.5-inch,
· 80GB MLC SSD; Intel 310 series; SATA II (3Gb/s)
· 600GB SSD MLC; Intel 320 series; SATA II (3Gb/s)
· 300GB MLC SSD; Intel 320 Series; SATA II (3Gb/s)
· 120GB MLC SSD; Intel 520 series; SATA III (6Gb/s); 25nm NAND; SF-2281
· 240GB MLC SSD; Intel 520 series; SATA III (6Gb/s); 25nm NAND; SF-2281
· 480GB MLC SSD; Intel 520 series; SATA III (6Gb/s); 25nm; SF-2281
· 128GB SSD; MLC; Micron/Crucial RealSSD C400; SATAIII (6Gb/s)
· 256GB SSD; MLC; Micron/Crucial RealSSD C400; SATA III (6Gb/s)
· 512GB SSD MLC; Micron/Crucial M4; SATA-III (6Gb/s)
· 500GB; Seagate Momentus XT; SATA II (3Gb/s); 7,200rpm; 32MB cache/4GB SLC Flash
· 750GB; Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid; SATA III (6Gb/s); 7,200rpm; 8GB SLC Flash
· 750GB; Seagate Momentus SATA II (3Gb/s); 7200rpm; 16MB cache
· 20GB mSATA SSD; SLC; Intel 313 Series; SATA II (3Gb/s); 25nm;
· 24GB mSATA SSD; SLC; Intel 313 Series; SATA II (3Gb/s); 25nm;
· 40GB mSATA SSD; MLC; Intel 310 Series; SATA II (3Gb/s)
· 80GB mSATA SSD; MLC; Intel 310 Series; SATA II (3Gb/s)
· 128GB mSATA SSD; MLC; Micron/Crucial C400; SATA III (6Gb/s); 25nm
· 256GB mSATA SSD; MLC; Micron/Crucial C400; SATA III (6Gb/s); 25nm
Eurocom is a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.